Check back for the 2017 Fall Plant Sale Map!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
DOWNLOAD Plant Sale Survival Guide
- BECOME A MEMBER: Members get in first. If you want first crack at the best plants and you’re not a member, you can become a member at the gate or join now.
- MAKE A PLAN: Take a look at our sale map so you know where to head for your favorite plants. Maps will also be available at the sale.
- BRING CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD:Checks may be made payable to UC REGENTS
- USE THE HOLD AREAS: When you’re ready we’ll deliver the plants out to the pickup area in the front of the Garden. It really works! You don’t have to carry your plants around with you while you’re shopping.
- BRING A WAGON: We often have more shoppers than wagons. If you’d like to be assured of having one, then it’s best to bring your own. Please do not bring oversize wagons – this will limit your access at the sale. We recommend wagons the size of our red radio flyers.
- ASK QUESTIONS: Our expert community of staff and volunteers know everything (…well, almost everything)! Take advantage of this great resource.
- PARKING: There’s plenty of parking available for everyone. We have free shuttles running continuously from the upper parking lot at the Lawrence Hall of Science, a 2 minute ride away. There is free parking for sale attendees. Look for the umbrella near the upper parking lots–this is where you catch the shuttle. Limited free parking is also available at the parking lot across the street from the Garden.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES:
HOLD AREAS: We encourage you to use the two Hold Areas, where you can conveniently store your plants while you continue to shop. The Hold Areas are marked on the map; one is halfway down the road at the end of the Natives Section, the other is at the end of the road above of the Conference Center Building.
STEP 1: Drop off your plants at Hold; when you are through shopping a checker will tally your plants and give you a tally sheet. Your plants will then be delivered to the PICK UP area across the street from the entrance.
STEP 2: Take your tally sheet to the CASHIER near the Garden entrance. The Cashiers accept cash, check (made out to “UC REGENTS”, please remember to write your daytime phone number on the check) and credit cards.
STEP 3 (PICKUP): If you’re parked in the Botanical Garden lot, we will help you get your plants to the car. If you’re parked at the Lawrence Hall of Science, take the shuttle to your car and drive to the PICK UP area. Show your PAID cash register receipt to the pickup monitors, who will help you load your plants into your car.
IF YOU KEPT YOUR PLANTS WITH YOU (NOT IN HOLD)
STEP 1 (CHECK OUT): Take your plants to the CHECKER STATION, next to the Cashier. A checker will tally up your plants and give you a tally sheet.
STEP 2 (CASHIER): Take your tally sheet to the Cashier Station. The Cashiers accept cash, check (made out to “UC REGENTS”) and credit cards. Show your paid receipt to the Exit Monitor as you leave with your plants.
STEP 3 (PICKUP): If you’re parked in the Botanical Garden lot, you may simply head to your car. If you’re parked at the Lawrence Hall of Science, you may drop your plants off in the Pickup area, take the shuttle to your car and drive to the Pickup area. Show your PAID cash register receipt to the pickup monitors, who will help you load your plants into your car.
NO CHILDREN IN WAGONS PLEASE AND THANK YOU!