All Green Stuff sessions for Summer 2013 are full.
Call (510) 643-2755 to be placed on the waitlist.
*Limited to two sessions per child, unless space permits.
Every year from mid-June to mid-August the Garden's Education Program offers Green Stuff, a fun hands-on science day camp for children ages 5 to 10. Examples of activities campers might do include:
- Go on a five senses tour of the Garden
- Learn about amazing plant adaptations and habitat diversity
- Taste foods growing in our Crops of the World garden
- Become a young botanist and see plant parts up close under microscopes
- Experiment with growing your own seedlings
- Hunt for garden animals including birds, newts, lizards
and compost critters
- Discover how Native Americans of California used plants
- Make crafts from plant material to take home
- Investigate in a different part of the Garden everyday!
Green Stuff is wonderfully small camp, limited to 12 children per week with 2 counselors, where each child gets very personal attention. We break-up into even smaller groups for walks with our Botanical Garden docents - 6 children and a counselor with a docent. The counselors are two well-trained UC Berkeley students, undergraduate or graduate students in Plant Sciences and/or Education, who have experience and a love for educating young children and sharing the wonders of plants and nature.
Click here to register online for your 5-7 year old.
Click here to register online for your 8-10 year old.
If you would rather mail-in a registration form, you may download it by clicking here.
For more camp information, email the Education Program Coordinator at email@example.com or call 510-643-4832.