Green Stuff Summer Camp
Have your child spend a magical week at the UC Botanical Garden’s award-winning nature camp. Green Stuff camp is a fun hands-on science day camp for children ages 5 to 10, with a special alumni week for returning campers 10-12 years old. Examples of activities campers do include:
- Go on a five senses tour of the Garden
- Learn about amazing plant adaptations and habitat diversity
- Taste foods growing in our Crops of the World garden
- Become a young botanist and see plant parts up close under microscopes
- Keep a nature journal
- Experiment with growing your own seedlings
- Hunt for garden animals including birds, newts, lizards and compost critters
- Discover how Native Americans of California used plants
- Make art and crafts from plant material to take home
- Investigate in a different part of the Garden everyday!
Green Stuff is wonderfully small camp, limited to 10 children per week with 2 counselors, where each child gets very personal attention. The two counselors are a team of one lead staff with a degree and experience in childhood education paired with a well-trained UC Berkeley undergraduate or graduate student in Plant Sciences, both of whom have experience and a love for sharing with young children the wonders of the natural world.
We are working on Summer 2021 – Stay tuned!
Monday – Friday; 9 am – 2 pm
$390 per week
$370 w/ Family Membership
Week-long sessions for children ages 5-10. Details to come.
For more camp information, email firstname.lastname@example.org