Parking and Directions
Know Before You Go
Centennial Bridge Project:
UC Berkeley has begun the Centennial Bridge Project construction, located just above the Garden parking lot on Centennial Drive. Please note that parking in the Garden lot will be reduced and there may be occasional delays due to the construction.
We recommend planning more time into your visit to help ensure you arrive with enough time to see and enjoy the Garden. If you are driving to the garden, there are two UC Berkeley managed lots available:
1. The parking lot located directly across the street from the Garden entrance, OR
2. The Lawrence Hall of Science lot, located above the Garden toward Grizzly Peak Blvd., with access to the Garden via a 3 minute free shuttle ride.
A shuttle is available seven days a week:
• Monday through Friday: The campus HILL shuttle runs Monday through Friday, every 30 minutes, 8:30 am–5:30 pm. This includes free rides between the Lawrence Hall of Science parking lot and the Garden. (Click H Line Shuttle link below for detailed schedule and route.)
• Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: The Garden Overflow Parking Shuttle runs on Saturday, Sunday and holidays when the Garden is open, approximately every 15 minutes from 10:00 am–5:15 pm. This free shuttle only runs between the Garden and the Lawrence Hall of Science parking lot.
The parking lot rate is $1.50 per hour. Please note that the lots are managed by the University of California at Berkeley. Pay by entering your license plate number and using a credit card at a lot machine, or, use the Pay By Phone app. Save time and avoid the hassle of waiting in line: before you leave home download the Pay By Phone app. Convenient and easy to use, plus, via the app you can extend your stay while strolling the Garden. Please note that parking is limited and not guaranteed.
Accessible parking: There are accessible parking spaces available in each lot (rate is $1.50 per hour), and the shuttles are wheelchair accessible. If you have further questions, please contact us at 510-643-2755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be Green: Please consider carpooling, or taking ride share to the Garden. Biking or walking up to the Garden is only recommended for active guests comfortable walking uphill 30+ minutes. There are bike racks available at the entrance to the Garden.
Getting Here By Campus Shuttle
Campus Shuttles run Monday–Friday (no weekend or holiday service):
- The H (Hill) Line shuttle loop: The HILL shuttle leaves from the UC Berkeley campus at the Hearst Mining Circle, stops at Strawberry Canyon Recreational Area/Witter Parking lot, then the Botanical Garden, continuing to the Lawrence Hall of Science, and then looping back downhill.
From Downtown Berkeley Bart:
- Take the Campus Perimeter shuttle from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station (Shattuck Avenue @ Addison Street) in downtown Berkeley to Hearst Mining Circle.
- At the Hearst Mining Circle transfer to the H (Hill) Line shuttle which brings you directly to the Botanical Garden.
- Each shuttle costs $1 for general public, free with Cal ID.
Directions to the UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley
The UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley is located at 200 Centennial Drive, Berkeley, California, 94720
Cal Football Game Day Road Detour
Cal Football season runs September through December. Centennial Drive below the Botanical Garden is closed 4 hours prior to kickoff. Centennial Drive from Grizzly Peak Blvd. to the Garden remains open. Plan your route with driving detour information that can be found here. For a list of upcoming game days and times, visit the Cal football website here.