Online advanced admission tickets are required for non-Member visitors.
UCBG Garden Members and UC Berkeley affiliates do not need a reservation.
Garden Rules and Recommendations
We often recommend a 2-hour visit with the expectation that you will return again and again. With our 12,000 different kinds of plants, a 2-hour (120-minute) visit would require that you see 100 different kinds of plants per minute to experience our entire collection. There is much to enjoy!
For safety reasons due to COVID-19, we are not offering docent-led tours of the Garden until further notice.
Enjoy a self-guided contemplative tour of the Garden, highlighting the peace and beauty of the environment around you. Download here.
While in the Garden, please note:
- Please stay on the paths and out of the Garden beds. The Garden is a living museum for the public to enjoy and respect. Do not damage, pick, or remove any plant material or items in the Garden. The Garden is a research facility and the collection must not be disturbed.
- Recreational equipment, including sports materials and shade structures, are not allowed in our museum.
- Sound from instruments or devices is not permitted while visiting the Garden to maintain the natural ambient sound for all visitors.
- Pets are not allowed in the Garden due to the sensitivity of our plant collection. However, trained service dogs are permitted. The Garden follows these guidelines: dac.berkeley.edu/accommodations-services/animals-accommodations.
- Impromptu wedding ceremonies are not allowed anywhere in the Garden. For event rentals: botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/rentals.
- Photoshoots are currently not allowed due to pandemic health restrictions. For future shoot potential, please contact email@example.com.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Current mask policy requires all visitors to wear a face covering while in indoors spaces: glass houses, Garden Shop, and restrooms. 7/30/21
The Garden is committed to making its grounds and facilities throughout its 34 acres accessible to all who visit. However, the layout of some areas of the Garden may prove difficult for those with mobility challenges. The grounds are accessible by paved pathways throughout the Garden but certain paths may be narrow, rough, uneven, or steep. Only trained service dogs are allowed to enter the Garden grounds. There are three parking spots available for people with mobility issues in the main Garden parking lot. If you have further questions, please contact us at 510-643-2755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions to the UC Botanical Garden may be affected by football games at California Memorial Stadium. Centennial Drive below the Botanical Garden is closed 4 hours prior to kickoff. Centennial Drive from Grizzly Peak to the Garden remains open. Click here for driving detour information. For a list of upcoming game days and times, visit the Cal football website.
Sep 4 (Sat) 3:30 PM Road Closure (7:30 PM game)
Sep 18 (Sat) 9:00 AM Road Closure (1:00 PM game)
Oct 2 (Sat) TBD
Oct 23 (Sat) TBD
Oct 30 (Sat) TBD
Nov 13 (Sat) TBD
Mather Redwood Grove Closures
Rental events in the Grove are one way we raise needed funds to operate the Garden and support our education, conservation, and horticulture programs. The Grove is regularly open from 9 am – 4 pm. Please check before your visit for Redwood Grove availability.
Upcoming Grove closure dates and times include:
Fri, Sept. 17 from 1 pm – end of day
Sat, Oct. 2 from 1 pm – end of day
Fri, Oct. 8 from 1 pm – end of day
Sat, Oct. 16 from 3 pm – end of day
Sun, Oct. 17 from 3 pm – end of day
Fri, Oct. 22 from 12 pm – 3 pm
Sat, Oct. 23 from 12 pm – 3 pm
Sun, Oct. 24 from 12 pm – 3 pm
Fri, Oct. 29 from 1 pm – 3 pm
Sat, Oct. 30 from 3 pm – end of day