Sunday, Oct. 29, 2023 10:00 am–3:oo pm
Join us at this celebration of animals at the UC Botanical Garden with drop-in experiences including interactive booths and displays, crafts, tours, live animals to see and touch, and more!
Free with Garden admission
(Find parking information and directions here. There will be two Garden shuttles running between the Lawrence Hall of Science overflow parking lot and the Garden)
- 10:00 am–1:00 pm Watch slithering, stealthy snakes with Things that Creep!
- 1:00–3:00 pm Visit with live animals with the Lindsay Wildlife Experience educators!
- Learn all about busy bees and watch them work in a demo hive
- Explore the fascinating world of pollination with Garden docents
- Check out some fascinating flyers and crawlers with the Essig Museum of Entomology
- Animal themed face/body paint art 11:00 am–3:00 pm
- Get to know the coastal birds of the Bay with educators from the Shorebird Park Nature Center
- Get crafty at our kids craft station and make an animal mask
- Take a little stroll with Garden volunteer Sal Levinson to explore butterflies and host plants! Space is limited. Reserve your spot that day at the Garden Kiosk.
- Host Plant Stroll 1:00 pm–1:30 pm
- Butterfly Stroll 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
Accessibility: We welcome all visitors and are actively working on accessibility improvements to our historic facilities in the Strawberry Canyon. The grounds include areas of paved pathways, as well as unpaved paths that may be narrow, rocky, uneven, or steep. There are three accessible parking spots available in the main Garden parking lot. Trained service dogs are allowed to enter the Garden grounds.