Benefits of Membership
Your gift of membership preserves and maintains the Garden’s priceless collection.
Benefits common to all membership levels:
- Free daily admission, no reservation required
- Members’ Only Hour, daily at 9 am
- Exclusive members-only events and tours, including behind-the-scenes tours of the Garden’s vast collections with UCBG horticulturists and experts
- Reciprocal privileges at over 300 gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout North America and the Cayman Islands
- 10% discounts at the The Garden Shop, Plant Deck, and select local nurseries
- Discounts on classes, workshops, and concerts
- Exclusive mailings of the annual Garden Newsletter
- Discounted subscription rate to Bay Nature magazine (Note: Discount codes will be sent with your membership receipt.)
Visit the Join/Renew section to see the additional unique benefits associated with each membership level.
How to verify membership status and receive member discount when registering for a Garden program or event:
To verify your membership, you must do one of two things: if you have used the online registration site before, please select the “sign in ” button at the top of the page. After signing in you will be able to register for the event. OR, if you have not used the site before, select the “register” button at the top of the page to create an online account to verify your membership and proceed with event registration.
If you are trying to receive a link to reset your password but are not receiving that email- double check that you are using the same email you used the first time you set up our online account. Many people use multiple emails and have forgotten which one they originally used. If you need to change the email on your membership account, please contact the membership department to update your contact information: email@example.com
The online site does not require you to enter any numbers or information found on your membership card. It allows a user to create an online username and password to log-in so that their membership can be verified and then they can proceed with signing up for a class, event or program.
Once a user has an online account, they can select “sign-in” in the future and their information will auto-populate as well as their membership getting verified.
Reciprocal Admissions Program: Garden members have access to more than 345 botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout North America offering special admission privileges and many other benefits through the American Horticultural Society program. Present your membership card for free admission at gardens such as the Desert Botanical Garden in Arizona or the New York Botanical Garden. Closer to home, the San Francisco Botanical Garden, The Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco, and the Ruth Bancroft Garden in Walnut Creek offer UCBG members free admission. Click here for details and more.