Benefits of Membership
Your gift of membership preserves and maintains the Garden’s priceless collection.
Benefits common to all membership levels:
- Free daily admission, no reservation required
- Members’ Only Hour, daily at 9 am
- Exclusive members-only events and tours, including behind-the-scenes tours of the Garden’s vast collections with UCBG horticulturists and experts
- Reciprocal privileges at over 300 gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout North America and the Cayman Islands
- 10% discounts at the The Garden Shop, Plant Deck, and select local nurseries
- Discounts on classes, workshops, and concerts
- Exclusive mailings of the annual Garden Newsletter
- Discounted subscription rate to Bay Nature magazine (Note: Discount codes will be sent with your membership receipt.)
Visit the Join/Renew section to see the additional unique benefits associated with each membership level.
Reciprocal Admissions Program: Garden members have access to more than 345 botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout North America offering special admission privileges and many other benefits through the American Horticultural Society program. Present your membership card for free admission at gardens such as the Desert Botanical Garden in Arizona or the New York Botanical Garden. Closer to home, the San Francisco Botanical Garden, The Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco, and the Ruth Bancroft Garden in Walnut Creek offer UCBG members free admission. Click here for details and more.